Words that we thought about:
- pity and compassion
- rights and justice
- Can our bodies get closer to meaning than language?
- Do aesthetics have to be compromised?
- Can only those within the community create?
- What does “ally” mean (to you)?
- What is the relationship and contradiction that exists between big institutions and grassroots initiatives? This relationship being one of the main problems in contemporary art.
- Is Documenta exploiting the subject of its art?
- What are the ethics and privileges involved in studying communities?
Things that were said:
“Anooj contains magnitudes. Today those magnitudes are called Yousra and Louisa.”