Thinking about words:
- filo-: friend (home), -nexia: stranger (familiarization)
- A paradoxical lens for viewing the city
- Silence is the clearing of one’s mind while seeking to understand when we are in urgent need of answers.
- Silence does not mean the absence of sound.
- Key elements of walking in silence are performativity and openness
- Polis/city (place):
- place is book to be shared
- spacial awareness
- getting lost as a state of mind
- walk together in silence
New questions raised:
- Who can afford to walk?
- How do you not let go, but not exclude?
- What are the risks of silence in the urban environment?
- What is the difference between being silent and keeping silent?
Some things that were said:
“Get out of this group and find a new one”
“reading the moment”